Re: Successful Weight Distribution

From: Ann Heineman (aheinema-state.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 05 2000 - 02:22:47 PDT

    |I recommend consistant EXCERSIZE. the tredmill and/or preco at the
    |gym. Susan on Long Island

    Dear Susan on Long Island and the list,
            Your suggestions are all good. I'd like to add that swimming is
    excellent exercise and the butterfly stroke, especially, will get the heart
    pumping for a good workout. Also, if you work-out on a regular basis, you
    will add some weight due to more muscle tissue. However, it is a healthy
    weight in the right places. In case some of you don't know about the
    machine Susan mentions--it is a Precor EFX, a cross country training
    machine. It has several programs of resistance and ramp elevations, ie
    from walking to climbing or biking hills. The primary object of the
    machine is to build up cardio/vascular endurance--and a good sweat.
    Someone mentioned earlier in the spring that elevating the body temperature
    through strenuous exercise can help deter or lessen the effects of the cold
    viruses that surround us in the classroom.:-)

            Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus

    ---