Re: Successful Weight Loss

From: ARTNSOUL12
Date: Wed Jul 05 2000 - 05:42:19 PDT

    artsednet writes:

    << When you find a sucessful diet please share. I have worked so hard in my
     yard this summer and at my husbands mothers. Have I lost - no - I';ve
    gained
     another 5 ugly lbs. Not fair, not fair, not fair. Anyone out there have a
     sucessful diet where one doesn't have to starve to death. $8>(( >>

    I recommend consistant EXCERSIZE. Join a gym, put time and energy into
    going. You need to do this 3 times a week, at least. Many people like
    excersize classes, or just walking outside. Buy free weights and use them in
    your home. I prefer a combination of excersize machines and free weights and
    then 30-45 minutes of cardio-vascular on the tredmill and/or preco at the
    gym. I can tell you from experience that you will see faster and better
    results and be able to eat more if you do this. Also, drink lots of WATER. I
    try to drink 6-8 glasses a day. I walk around with a water bottle all day
    long. And, of course, the obvious- watch what you eat. Just cut out the
    unneeded calories let cake and cookies. Coming from a chocolateholic that's
    the best advice. I try to stay with salads and chicken/fish. I dropped 3
    sizes this way and it has stayed off for the last 5 yrs. The older you are,
    the more difficult it is to loose the weight, but it can be done! Anyone can
    do this! Become obessed with the excersize. I convinced myself that I like
    it. By the way, I'm the perfect "klutz", am totally uncoordinated(trip over
    my own feet). I'm also 50 yrs. old, a petite 5' 1" and started excersizing
    at 45. Ten extra pounds on me is like 20 or 30 on a bigger person. I am
    actually "cut" as they say in gym terms! I went from a size 9 to a size 2.
    Use the summertime to make excersizing an obsession...it works! In the
    winter you can find me at the gym after work and that means even on the
    nights that I don't leave school until 6, 7, or 8:00 at night! Tired?
    Exhausted, but more tired if I don't excersize. So, good luck! You can do
    this, too!
    Bye, I'm on my way to the gym- really. Have a ton of things to do as we are
    going on a 3 week vacation on Fri. but an hour at Gold's Gym will just have
    to be fit in. Susan on Long Island

    ---