Re: The 1st Lesson an Art Teacher Should Learn

From: DeDeRuss
Date: Wed Jul 05 2000 - 05:31:36 PDT

    In a message dated 7/5/00 2:39:57 AM Pacific Daylight Time, pknott
    writes:

    <<
    > I talked with my friends on the custodial staff, the one I bring doughnuts
    > are some of my wife's cookies too every once in awhile and they don't mind
    > making the change. This was the first lesson I learned as an art teacher 15
    > years ago...be kind to the custodians. They are as important in our jobs as
    > anyone. >>

    Absolutely! I don't know what I would do without our building maintenance
    people. I always make a point to be nice to EVERY support personnel at
    school and treat the maintenance people as my "partners." They always help
    me out during the year in maintaining the art room, bringing in heavy
    supplies, cutting up wood pieces I need for projects, moving stuff, fixing
    stuff like kiln elements, making platforms with wheels for pottery wheels,
    etc....they even BUY stuff like plaster and metal sheets at Home Depot for me
    when they go! gosh they help me a lot! (I can tell which teachers the
    maintenance guys like and don't like. They seem to take their time getting
    things fixed for the teachers that treat them rudely.....but the teachers
    that treat them well, they bend over backwards for!) Just goes to show
    you...."do unto others....."
    Diana

    ---