The 1st Lesson an Art Teacher Should Learn

From: Patricia Knott (pknott)
Date: Wed Jul 05 2000 - 02:38:57 PDT

    > I talked with my friends on the custodial staff, the one I bring doughnuts
    > are some of my wife's cookies too every once in awhile and they don't mind
    > making the change. This was the first lesson I learned as an art teacher 15
    > years ago...be kind to the custodians. They are as important in our jobs as
    > anyone.

    I couldn't agree more. And the secretaries! I see a lot of rudeness from
    teachers in dealing with the support staff.
    I have rude students, too. They won't pick up their messes from the floor
    because "that's the janitor's job." Oh yeah!
    One day I saw one of those students at the supermarket cleaning up a ketchup
    bottle someone had dropped. I just passed by and asked "how do you like the
    janitor's job?"

    One of our secretaries that has been around for ages is retiring. I don't
    know what we will do without her. She's the only one that knows what is
    going on.

    Patty

    ---