Project-Based Learning

From: Jackie Aust (jab1997)
Date: Tue Jul 04 2000 - 18:25:44 PDT

    I have just spend a wonderful week in Atlanta at the National Educators
    Computer Conference. Technology is another tool for learning. Now I
    have to take what I have learned about project-based learning and
    incorporate a short project in my classroom for high school art
    students. I am thinking about doing this with my advanced students
    only. One topic that comes to mind is art education. Does anyone have
    any other suggestion out there. I am also teamed with a spanish middle
    school teacher and an elementary teacher. We would really like to
    collaborate on something together. The first thing that came to my mind
    was culture. An feedback would be greatly appreciated. When I was
    assigned to this grant, volunteered, I was given the topic "Nuclear
    Waste". How boring until I began doing basis research. I focused on
    Nuclear Waste in Texas, and was surprise at what I learned.

    Jackie

    ---