Re: mentor question

From: KHeifetz
Date: Tue Jul 04 2000 - 16:19:08 PDT

    Sorry about the email mistake...I have been a mentor several times and have
    found it to be a unique experience every time...one time with a teacher with
    ten years experience.....this presented some unusual difficulties she wanted
    no advice, just nuts and bolts info like what duties were expected, report
    cards, etc...the next one was new and wanted to grasp onto every bit of info
    and the third teacher was a perm. sub for a year....i would guess the most
    difficult was the experienced teacher because within school districts it is
    quite obvious they do not deal with the "Older" experienced teacher in
    professional develpoment, as well as, gleaning their experiences other than
    for minimal workshops.....I had difficulty keeping up appearances to show I
    was excited about the program the University and the school district
    developed ..mostly with administration and people seeking higher degrees and
    not working in the "trenches"...it was another segment of learning
    experiences for me, too. anna

    ---