grandma

From: Patricia Knott (pknott)
Date: Tue Jul 04 2000 - 11:59:48 PDT

    > Please forgive me for mentioning this here but Grandma is in very frail
    >> health and is trying to get money together for Grandpas care in a $150.00 a
    >> day nursing home and is hoping she doesn't have to sell her home. She is
    >> getting desperate and I am trying to hlep her as much as I can. Just fought
    >> my way through 100 year old mold,
    >> dust, spider webs and live spiders!!!! and rotten boxes to help her get
    >> ready.- won;t be there myself (other family members will take care of sale.)
    >> as I have to head for Santa Fe on Saturday and a well deserved vacation it
    >> is!!! Yippee Yi Yea!!!!!

    Oh I know how this is. I care for my father who is 82. There is just
    something about that generation that they will not "give up." I admire
    their stamina to no end, but also realize they they just don't seem to
    understand what kind of strain they are putting on us. I LOVE my dad and am
    eternally grateful for all that he has given me, but, yet, he doesn't seem
    to get it that I am almost 50 years old and still waiting for a life. I,
    think that our generation has been given this chore for a good reason, but..
    it is hard; very hard
    Enjoy your vacation, you DESERVE it. And don't feel guilty for a moment.
    Patty

    ---