Re: Art Clubs

From: Artystyc3
Date: Tue Jul 04 2000 - 07:32:10 PDT

    People are always looking for an easy out.
    The Special Ed. instructor was just passing her responsibility to you. It
    should of been her job to find people willing and trained to work with those
    students, not to alter your"A" team agenda. She could at least discuss her
    intentions and allow you to decide.
    "Mainstreaming" without proper preparation and planning can be disasterous.
    I know ,because I had a beautifully cooperative young lady with M.S. dropped
    into
    my room . With wall to wall students and desks it was impossible to meet her
    needs
    or amend each lesson to accomodate her disabilities. It was hard for both of
    us.
    It also reflects poorly on the school.
    Patti

    ---