Student Art Calendars

From: sharonbk
Date: Mon Jul 03 2000 - 20:52:33 PDT

    One of my goals for this year is to produce a school calendar that features student artwork. I know this has been discussed before (and I'll look through the archives) but I'd love to talk with those of you who have done this successfully.

    With this goal in mind (and also to preserve my sanity a little when it comes time to matt stuff) I'm going to try to standardize the sizes of the drawings that the kids do in the fall. They'll still have the opportunity to work big, but what is the best size to use for a calendar, so that the image doesn't have to be enlarged or reduced? Do I need to allow for a border?

    Also, if this is something that goes to a printer, does it cost extra for them to reproduce pencil drawings? I'm out of date on this, but do they still need to make (what are they called?) half-tones for pencil work??

    I'd love to feature pencil drawings along with some ink, but cost may make us stick strictly with something that's plainly black and white. (I'm scheming, too, re: various projects that would involve black and white work for the fall.)

    I'm hoping I can mainly just be responsible for the kids cranking out the artwork (yeah, right) as we've got a very active parents' auxilliary group at our school. I mentioned it to them last spring and I think they'd be interested in taking this on as a project and fund raiser....

    Anyhow, I'd love to hear your success stories and suggestions about the best way to go about this!

    Thanks a bunch--

    Sharon
    EMAIL: artrageous
    AIM: SKBK56, ArtrageousSBK, & others