Re: getting books on line

From: laurel@pure-guava.org.nz
Date: Mon Jul 03 2000 - 20:29:30 PDT

    i LOVE the Helen Hume book of lists book. mine is covered in
    notes. especially good for art teachers just starting out for ideas. i do
    remember it being costly, but i thought it was worth the money. especially
    if it goes to the author who sat and compiled ALL that information into
    one book for easy access.

    i'd have to disagree on the emphasis art book. i think its good for
    elementary teachers, but i thought it just covered all the average lesson
    plans that keep getting repeated over and over.

    theres a good one called "getting into art history" but im not sure the
    author, if anyone wants to incorporate more art history into a high
    school/possibly older classroom in a fun way.

    hmmm makes me want to get other peoples opinions on art education books.

    anyone want to list favorites, or ones that just arent worth the money?

    -L

    ---