Re: Mosaic tile supply resource

From: Jean Hess (jeannieinpa)
Date: Mon Jul 03 2000 - 18:49:24 PDT

    > Can someone give me a good source for tools and
    > tiles....and any hints,
    > tips, suggestions, etc. will be greatly appreciated!
     Carolyn
    > ^=^=^=^=^=^=^
    > Carolyn Roberts

    I have used a wonderful book called Handmade Tiles by
    Frank Giorgini, Lark Books 1994. Lots of inspiring
    artwork, and lots of techinical info. (also searched
    the net and checked lots of other books at Borders.)
    I used it heavily when putting in mosaic stair risers
    at my school. These were inside at main entrance,
    mosaic tiles indivudually made by 3rd graders, and
    cemented and grouted by myself and a HS junior for her
    graduation project. We did this the year after having
    an artist-in-residence teach kids to design and
    install a 8' x 16' mosaic at the HS. Want more info?
     Jeannie in PA