Re: Art Clubs

From: NMoore9017
Date: Mon Jul 03 2000 - 16:04:00 PDT

    Kathy in Kalamazoo,
        No, you're not a bad person! I too would not have patience to work with
    the Special Needs students above and beyond the call of duty. It's difficult
    enough having a class of 30 students with a large percent of special needs
    and no aids to help. I know, this happens quite a bit. Can't imagine
    combining my Art Club as your Special Needs teacher ended up doing. So,
    don't feel bad. You're not alone.

    Nina

    P.S. Ever had an aid that disrupted your class much more than the kids ever
    could? I have and it makes for an awkward position. I even had one that
    went around and "helped" all the kids and told them things to do that were
    totally wrong. She even approved sketches for students to move ahead to the
    next step!!! I was not a happy camper.

    ---