Re: More files for sharing!

From: Patricia Knott (pknott)
Date: Mon Jul 03 2000 - 12:58:49 PDT

    You know, I think it one of those things that "other people" just don't
    understand about teachers. Our minds are ALWAYS in a hundred places at on
    time, and yet we manage it! Keeping track of the needs of multitudes of kids
    that pass though our doors is quite enough, but we have so much other
    "stuff." I can't tell you how many times a day I walk to some part of room
    and ask "now, why did I come over here?"
    Exhausted??? I am up at 2 AM to prepare for school, I'm in the building at
    6:45 (classes start at 7:15) I'm never out before 4. I have meetings up
    the "you know what." Then I have all the stuff I need to do at home.
    Usually I am asleep by 8 PM, and then it starts all over again. I don't
    read a newspaper, I don't read a book, everybody else talks about all the
    stuff they see on TV -- no clue, I only use the TV to put me to sleep,
    And, I'm in a very non-supportive community when it comes to teachers. They
    think we have easy hours and summers off and what do we want? Summers off??
    I'm still cleaning, getting newspaper publicity together, writing
    curriculum, making purchase orders, taking graduate classes and the PHONE
    CALLS. At least one a day. And it is always some kind of nonsense.
    Ah well, I guess that's why we get the big bucks.

    Patty