Re: Foundations class

From: Bicyclken
Date: Sun Jul 02 2000 - 15:39:15 PDT

    In a message dated 06/30/2000 3:32:09 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
    colmans1 writes:

    > Would it be better to structure by Drawing, Painting etc
    > and then include the E & P? What do you feel it is most important for
    > students to learn in this class to carry with them into further study of
    > art?

    I feel that you can incorporate the Elements and Principles of Design into
    many projects, because the elements and principles are the structure of art
    and therefore are a part of all good works.

    In my foundation year we do a non-objective design based on the elements and
    principles with colored pencil and finders to see and find the principles in
    a non-objective design.

    WE do a contour, basic forms, and then still life for drawing,
    Three color plates with a composition to explain each plate,
    ( color wheel/chroma, intensity, values),
    perspective (1 and 2 point),
    stylized design with a crayon resist,
    and pen and ink.

    These are the concepts to be taught and the rest is up to you.

    ---