Newspaper hats

From: Ann Weaver (aweaver)
Date: Sun Jul 02 2000 - 15:45:56 PDT

    RE: Subject: Re: newspaper uses......
    From: BluesTruth

    Did you eveer try making hats out of newspapers? Sit a child on a
    chair and place at least 4 or so
    sheets of LONG newspaper on his head. Take masking tape and wrap around
    the
    newspaper just right around the ear part. Fold up the newspaper to form
    the
    brim of the hat. Decorate with tissue paper flowers, ribbons, fake
    flowers,
    etc. (kinda like an Easter hat)

    I have done this,but used glue between the layers and tied it around the
    kids heads. We painted ours and added bands and other things from our
    found objects collection. Some of the boys cut their brims off to make
    their hats look more like caps.

    ann in nc

    ---