Re: newspaper uses......

From: The Austin's (whest177)
Date: Sun Jul 02 2000 - 11:28:43 PDT

    > I make my 9-12th graders do this the day before we go on Easter break! I
    > have tons of stuff for them to glue on...fringe, sequins,buttons, trims,
    > etc...A little embarrased??!! nah...I make them wear thier creations to
    > their next class! It's always a kodak moment!

    I have never made hats from newspaper with my high school kids, but we do
    make them from paper sacks. I only give them 3 class periods to work on them
    and I have lots of "junk" they can add. I always have some that kids don't
    take home at the end of the year and I have saved the best ones and store
    them on top of the cabinets. When the kids come in and "just don't feel very
    creative" that day, I have them wear the hats. Or if they're having an "art
    attack" they can wear them. I don't mandate it, just have it available to
    them. They LOVE it!
    Michal

    ---