Re: Portfolio and Assessment (Mark/Sky)

From: KHeifetz
Date: Sun Jul 02 2000 - 10:59:39 PDT

    This past year I have added some more paper work to the work load but the
    results have been overwhelming. In our middle school (6,7,8) we teach 10 wk.
    blocks aand write out or opt a check off list for 5 week progress reports. I
    did these for many years and the parent/guardian needed to sign the forms.
    Last year I added digital photographs of the student's art work onto the 5
    week progress report and the reactions were overwhelming..the parents loved
    it. But I now have a parent comment sheet which goes home with every two
    pieces of art work that the student has created...it is also (the prent
    comment sheet) a small portion of the student's grade.
    This has been very effective and also teaches the community in which I live
    in about the arts. It is an incredible amount of work but well worth the
    effort. This way the parents are aware of what their child is doing in
    school. anna

    ---