Re: newspaper uses......

From: Iteachart7
Date: Sun Jul 02 2000 - 10:08:22 PDT

    In a message dated 7/2/00 12:08:36 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
    BluesTruth writes:

    << OOh just thought of another idea for newspapers!! Did you eveer try making
     hats out of newspapers? Sit a child on a chair and place at least 4 or so
     sheets of LONG newspaper on his head. Take masking tape and wrap around the
     newspaper just right around the ear part. Fold up the newspaper to form the
     brim of the hat. Decorate with tissue paper flowers, ribbons, fake flowers,

     etc. (kinda like an Easter hat) I had the kids parade around with their
    hats
     (kindergarteners loved this--a little older--they might be embarrased)
     through the halls of our school in celebration of 100 days of school. Fun! >>

    Jill.
    I make my 9-12th graders do this the day before we go on Easter break! I
    have tons of stuff for them to glue on...fringe, sequins,buttons, trims,
    etc...A little embarrased??!! nah...I make them wear thier creations to
    their next class! It's always a kodak moment!
    Gabrielle

    ---