Re: low budget art room ideas

From: Ann Heineman (aheinema-state.edu)
Date: Sat Jul 01 2000 - 14:34:09 PDT

    Dear Jennifer the "lurker",
            You can certainly involve your students in decorating their art
    room. Try painting big images of windows (where there are none) and the
    students can paint in the things they wouuld like to see outside the
    window. If you can find a source of mirrors, they will make the room seem
    bigger and be practical for self portrait studies, too. Use left over
    paints (light and bright colors) to paint any brown cardboard storage boxes
    that are in view. My students love to paint boxes. Eliminating the
    warehouse look is a boost to the teacher's morale, too. Make the art room
    as child friendly and inviting as you can. It doesn't have to cost
    $$$$$$$$$$.I've seen lots of great suggestions on this topic from our list
    members since I joined last October.

            Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus

    I thought you may have
    |color suggestions for this low light situation, and maybe some ideas about
    |how much, if at all, I should have the students help with painting a mural,
    |stools, or anything else?
    |Jennifer

    Ann Heineman.....aheinema-state.edu
    Greensview School....Upper Arlington City Schools
    (614)487-5050 ... Voice Mail 487-6456 Box 522

    ---