experience vs. cost

From: Jarsawyer
Date: Sat Jul 01 2000 - 17:19:26 PDT

    Have any of you had this happen to you?

    I applied for a full time job in my district (I am currently 75% at 3
    different schools) and I love my job, but could really use the full time
    money and wouldn't mind having my own room in only one school.

    I have an M.A. in art history, an M.Ed. in integrated day and a B.A. in
    studio art and I've taught for over 5 years -- 2 in this district.

    This is the second time I've been passed over for a just-graduated intern
    with NO experience -- and I'm pretty frustrated. Oh well -- I guess I'll
    have more time for my own art -- but not enough money for supplies!

    ---