low budget art room ideas

From: James West (jwest)
Date: Sat Jul 01 2000 - 14:51:00 PDT

    Dear list:

    This is Jennifer ("the lurker") again. I just got my first job with an art
    room. right now they don't know which one it is going to be, but are
    determined that I will have my own room. I have just come from a cart, and
    am looking for suggestions on setting things up on a small budget. Mainly,
    I'm looking for decorative ideas. Chances are that this will be a small
    room without a lot of space, possibly no windows, and not the greatest
    source of light. Although this isn't my dream come true, getting off the
    cart is.

    I have already gotten some great storage ideas off the list, and am already
    planning my trip to the room where "furniture dies", I thought you may have
    color suggestions for this low light situation, and maybe some ideas about
    how much, if at all, I should have the students help with painting a mural,
    stools, or anything else? I love putting my feelers out to this list about
    stuff like this! Thanks to everyone for helping me out!

    Jennifer

    ---