Re: creativity, influencing

From: Michelle H. Harrell (michelle_h_harrell)
Date: Sat Jul 01 2000 - 07:27:59 PDT

    Janet, it's funny that you mentioned the issues of having siblings to play
    with. I'm an only child and I grew up having to create my own games and
    fantasies. My neighbors and cousins always complained about being bored
    when there was no one to play with but I was used to it. I think a lot of
    it has to do with how you are raised and learning to live in moderation. I
    think that TV, Playstation, and the computer are great but I still have to
    watch myself that I don't spend too much time doing them. When kids rely
    only on extrinsic sources of entertainment- no matter what it is- they miss
    out on the ability to create it within themselves. Michelle