art history textbooks

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
MPBC90
Sun, 31 Jan 1999 23:34:36 EST

In a message dated 1/30/99 10:53:41 PM Eastern Standard Time, owner-artsednet-
digest writes:

<< From: AbeleSmith
Subject: Re: Texas T.E.K.S Thank you

In a message dated 1/30/99 7:58:22 PM Central Standard Time,
dacuncius writes:

<< I still need to know what textbooks are used by any
Texas teachers, and your opinion of them. There is a very limited amount
of information in both my middle school and high school texts about the
art styles from beginning to present. >> >>

I have found using Gardners Art Through the Ages (from a college Art History
course) has helped immensely. I have to reread much of it and simplify it for
the Elementary level, but I find the "refresher" courses fun.
MP