Re: Art Education Student Links

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
freckles spots (freckles_spot)
Sun, 31 Jan 1999 12:26:22 PST

This reminded me of my college days so many years ago. During one of my
art education classes, I taught a Saturday art program at the
University. We were assigned one class that met every Sat. during the
semester. During the week, we would come together for an hour to
discuss any challenges or triumps we had during the week. I learned A
LOT about myself and students during this time.

I also had a TERRIFIC supervising teacher when I did my student
teaching...in fact, two of them.....If you are on this list serve....Hi
Mary and Dan up in Traverse City, Michigan.

Good Luck,
Judy in OK

>From: Artedsusan
>Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 22:29:21 EST
>To: grex, artsednet.edu
>Subject: Re: Art Education Student Links
>
>Hi! I applaud you for having your students get in touch with this list
as I
>wish my professor had done when I was taking my methods classes. The
question
>I have is why are you having your students teach their lessons to each
other?
>I had to do that in college and mostly I felt that it was a waste of
>time--both in trying to teach the lesson and to sit through everyone
else's.
>Plus, I haven't even looked at them since I have become a teacher and
won't
>use them. Isn't there some way that you could have the students teach
the
>lessons to actual students. Even if they worked in a team and a few of
them
>developed the lesson and taught it would seem more beneficial. I had
>complete 50 pre-student teaching hours and could have used this
opportunity to
>complete some hours while I was fulfilling a part of my methods class.
Just