Re: Art Education Student Links-useful methods

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Michelle H. Harrell (mmhar)
Sun, 31 Jan 1999 12:22:40 PST

>Artedsusan wrote:
>>
>> Isn't there some way that you could have the students teach the
>> lessons to actual students. Even if they worked in a team and a few
of them
>> developed the lesson and taught it would seem more beneficial.

My best learning experience in Art Ed. was the class we took the
semester before student teaching. 3-5 grade students came to ECU once a
week for art lessons. I think they had to register for a semester but I
believe it was free. They was usually 10 to 15 students in a class and
3 of us teaching the lessons. We began by team teaching and eventually
took turns teaching on our own projects. I learned so much about
distributing supplies, clean up, and keeping their attention that I
could have never have learned teaching my peers.

Michelle H. Harrell
mmhar
North Garner Middle School
Garner, North Carolina
_____
/ \
( ) "Art is the form of the picture that has come
! ^ ^ ! into being through the nerves, heart,
^! * * ! ^ brain, and eye of man."
! \ ^ / ! -Edvard Munch
( ( 0 ) ) 1907
\ --- /