Re: Millennium Celebration

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Michelle H. Harrell (mmhar)
Sat, 30 Jan 1999 10:14:23 PST

Good point! The 21st century doesn't actually begin until Jan. 1, 2001
but I don't think anyone plans to slow down the celebration because of
the technicality. There's just something about writing 00 on the year
blank of checks and stuff instead of 99. Sort of like when your first
car's odometer turns 100,000 miles for the first time. But, you made a
good point that we should probably take time to explain to our students.

Michelle Harrell

>Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 08:07:20 -0800
>From: Maggie White <mwhite>
>To: artsednet.edu
>Subject: Re: Millennium Celebration
>
>Michelle H. Harrell wrote:
>
><snip>
>> Here in Raleigh, there is a New Year's Eve celebration and this year,
>> they plan to recruit the schools for the Millennium Celebration.
<snip> The theme of Raleigh's Millennium Celebration is