Fwd: Art Cart Frustrations & internal subbing

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Laurann65
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 20:11:19 EST

--part0_917485880_boundary

In a message dated 1/27/99 7:09:48 PM Central Standard Time, Laurann65 writes:

<< I need to vent!
I am definitely annoyed by being on a cart, but I can deal with it, I
sometimes even enjoy the challenge of getting organized.
It is certainly inconvenient to be in more than one school and have to pack
up in the middle of the week to go somewhere else, but it keeps the week
moving faster and I do it.
What I cannot tolerate is the additional expectation of internal subbing!
(do the rest of you have to deal with this?) I need every minute of my
planning period to reorganize, prepare supplies and take a deep breath. Every
day this week they have asked me to do internal subbing (that means we don't
have enough substitute teachers in our district, so the other teachers in the
building have to teach for the absent teacher's class during their planning
period). Did I mention we get a whopping $14.00 for this lovely task... if
they remember to pay us. Every day I tell them I really need the time, could
they please find someone else ... today the secretary said, "Well, I've let
you slide" ... like it is my job to solve the district's problems. I know it
is not the secretary's fault that we have a sub shortage, but it is
ridiculous! I should have the option to say "no". All the teachers are
annoyed. It is especially hard on a cart with a ton of supplies and a 45
minute time limit to teach in. Sometimes I think "silent reading" would be a
nice part of my day (at least then I could catch my breath and do some prep)
... although I do love my job and wouldn't trade with them.... thanks for
listening!
:) Laura Allan

In a message dated 1/26/99 9:46:42 PM Central Standard Time,