Re: DBAE and the elements of design

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
gregjuli
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 16:39:23 -0600

Definetly Christine. I especially see that need in the middle school.
What good is it if you try to cram every single concept into their minds
( they are in a haze anyhow at this age) when you might have less
frustration and more success if you concentrate on a few important
terms.
The length of time would also be a factor in what you can cover with the
students. I see my middle schoolers every 6 weeks ( actually 27 days)
and that doesn't take into account - suspensions, field trips,
assemblies, announcements, band, guidance and the other things that cut
into class time. So as Christine said- " Works for me" and actually it
also works for my students.

MaryB