Woman with two brains? Doodling/tapping

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Sears, Ellen (ESears.us)
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 11:04:04 -0500

Everyone at school knows I draw to take 'notes'. Many colleagues outside of
school know too... anyone sitting near me that doesn't know, usually
comments... but that gives me a chance to talk about it as a form of
communication. My principal thinks it is pretty neat.

Reatha - I am always tuned into more than one thing. What's going on down
the hall, what the couple at the next table is saying, what the kids in the
back of the room are up to... it drives my husband nuts...

As for foot wiggling - one teacher has put a rubber strap (like a huge soft
rubber band) on the legs of a couple of students' desks - for foot tapping.

On right brain/ left brain... I teach math too, and I am very analytical and
methodical in my thought processes - problem solving in art/math/whatever is
the same for me. I am still hard pressed to find a clear division between
art, math and science.

  • Reply: MarshArt: "Re: Woman with two brains? Doodling/tapping"