Re: lesson plans for special needs

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Judy Potter (Judy_Potter)
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 08:43:35 -0600

Hi Faith,
Look at the ArtExpress web site: www.mprojects.wiu.edu/art/
It highlights a "ArtExpress: A Curriculum for Young Children with Disabilities"
and reflects the DBAE approach to the expressive arts and ways to adapt tools
and materials so that all children can participate in expressive arts
activities. More information can be found by contacting Macomb Projects through
the web site. Hope this is helpful.
Judy
Subject: lesson plans for special needs
From: Withpaint at Internet
Date: 1/27/99 8:46 AM

Hello all,
I am in the midst of completing my teaching certification and am taking
class called "Special Populations." I need to teach a lesson to a class of 9
students with varying special needs. They are approximately between the ages
of 9 -12, but we were instructed to keep our lessons around k thru 1 level. I
am have a few ideas, but thought I would pose this to you all.
Also, I am interested in finding some good resources on lesson plans or
activities either on multicultural themes, interdisciplinary concepts or DBAE
types, especially books or magazines. I was encouraged to look at the
scholastic magazine that one of the schools I observed last semester gets, but
was told it was quite expensive. Any ideas or resources anyone finds useful
would help me tremendously.

Thanks,
Faith