Re: Prehistoric Art and Sister Wendy

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Maggie White (mwhite)
Sun, 24 Jan 1999 17:53:34 -0800

MCALLANILO wrote:

<snip>

> I don't think the sole purpose of Sister Wendy is to engage junior high
> students in accurate academic discourse, but rather to arouse and maintain
> their interest in the visual arts.
>
> We need all of the Sister Wendy's we can get.

A great point! Though I've never seen her show, nor those TV artists
(Bob Ross?)--I don't have a TV--someone here once pointed out that those
artists were probably responsible for the increase of students in
community art classes; if they and the Sister can get more citizens
excited about art, more power to 'em.

Maggie