[Fwd: Re: request for intervention]

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
lindacharlie (lindacharlie)
Sun, 24 Jan 1999 15:44:16 -0500

--------------790E467274D

Help!!! Poor Rosa is caught in a mail loop and is not receiving messages
from ArtsEdNet Talk. The attached messages were the result of my inquiry
about this. Can anyone shed some light on this problem and help bring
Rosa back into the fold???
Linda in Michigan

--------------790E467274D

Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 20:21:15 +0000
To: lindacharlie <lindacharlie>
From: Fridrik Haraldsson <friggi>
Subject: Re: request for intervention
Cc: rojul

>What is a "mail loop" and how does one get out of it? Is it possible for
>you to contact Rosa Juliusdottir <rojul> to inform her
>about why she is not getting mail? Would you please write back to
>confirm this message was received?
>Thank you kindly,
>Linda Eastman

Dear Linda,

I have already contacted Rosa about this, but the problem seems to be that
my server doesn't find your server (web1.pub.getty.edu), and I think it
started January 18th. This problem is not on my server even though it sends
out the message about the mail loop (it only recognizes it). I have asked
some other admins here in Iceland to contact this mail server but they got
the same result as I got.

Solution:

1. You could contact the administrator of the web1.pub.getty.edu server
(probably postmaster.edu) to see if very thing is ok, I
cant do it because my server doesn't find it. Something happened in USA
about week ago which caused a lot of power failure.

2. I can set up new mailing list for you if you want to :)

Regards, Fridrik Haraldsson

--------------790E467274D--