Most children understand a green traffic light means go and a red traffic
light means stop.. By placing a green mark or dot on the left side of a
writing paper and red one on the right, the child can be taught to start at
the left and progress to the right.
The following are a few of the creative ways this concept can be use:
1. Color the beginning letter of a sentence green and the punctuation mark
2. Color the beginning of each paragraph green.
3. Put a green dot on the left hand and a red one on the right hand.
4. Put green and red dots on the desk, door, dittos, etc.
5. Color the top line on the writing paper green and the bottom line red.
(Use different colors for the children who are red/green color-blind.)