Re: Prehistoric Art and Sister Wendy

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Fran Marze (fmaiu+@pitt.edu)
Sun, 24 Jan 1999 13:10:24 -0500 (EST)

I have to speak up for some of those long suffering "sisters" who are the
brunt of a lot of jokes,e tc. Listen to their conditions in the 50's--50
or 60 kids in a class; some of these 7th and 8th graders!I only
encountered two really mean nuns and I went to Catholic school from grade
3through college! One was absolutely wacko but she was teaching 8th grade,
the other was principal.I saw her a few years ago and she could barely
walk, but got really sprightly when I reminded her that she ran a "tight
ship." I also had an extremely mean second grade teacher in a public
school so it is the person first and maybe working conditions second. FRan