Re: Prehistoric Art and Sister Wendy

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Joseph Augusta (jaugusta)
Sun, 24 Jan 1999 11:00:00 -0500

kprs wrote:

> This controversy is not of my origin, but of art
> 'scholars',

Who are they? Can you explain their POV? And do you instruct your
students to question the validity of their judgement as well?

I am just passing the comment on to those who might find
> Sister Wendy definitive.

Nice intent, but since you don't provide students with actual proof
that's she's mistaken--best to explain that all art criticism comes down
to a question of personal preference based upon experience or academic
investigation.

Best wishes,
Joseph