RE: compasses.....

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Nagel, Judy (JNagel)
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 15:03:14 -0600

FYI, The mmArc Compass Plus is on page 257 in the 1999 Sax catalog, product#
334 1583. We also have the Safe-T Pro Ruler on page 255, product#334 8083.
Hope this helps. Judy

http://www.saxarts.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Sears, Ellen [ESears.us]
Sent: Thursday, January 21, 1999 11:45 AM
To: artsednet.edu
Subject: RE: compasses.....

Another type of compass is a goniometer - based on a device used by
orthopedic surgeons to measure flexibility. Goniometers can be used as a
compass and as a protractor. When opened they look like a plastic ruler
with a hinge. Holes at intervals are for pencil points. Plastic, cheap. I
saw one packaged as a Crayola compass at Target this summer. You may find
it listed in math supply catalogs. Otherwise, very easy to use.
Looks like the Safe-T pro ruler in catalogs, but works like the mmArc
Compass Plus in the Sax catalog.
Ellen