Re: Special Visual Arts Programs for Low-Income Kids.

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Judy Potter (Judy_Potter)
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 08:53:25 -0600

Hi,
A web site you may want to check out is: www.mprojects.wiu.edu/art/
It is the Expressive Arts Outreach Project. It offers information about teacher
training and developing an art curriculum for teachers working with young
children (ages 3-8) with disabilities. Low-Income and underpriviledged children
may or may not have mild to multiple disabilities, but they are definitely "At-
Risk."

Judy in Illinois
Subject: Special Visual Arts Programs for Low-Income Kids.
From: Sharpersbo at Internet
Date: 1/21/99 7:08 PM

Hello Subscribers!

I'm trying to create an independent visual arts program that would be
directed to low-income, underprivileged kids, specifically, ages 3 to 9. I
feel this is an area that perhaps does not have enough emphasis, or access to
the wonderful world of art expression.
So, how do you start such a venture? (In a local sense or beyond.)
I'm in the process of surfing (a new experience), and by luck came upon
ArtEdNet Talk. I would be most appreciative of any suggestions of sites,
research, experts, programs and projects and your valued experience.
My background is that of a graphic designer and advertising art
director, but
my passion now is art for this group of kids.
Thanks a lot! And keep up your art vision for kids everywhere!

Sam Harper
Portland,OR
sharpersbo