Re: Paint Shop Pro

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
M.Grosspietsch (teachart)
Thu, 21 Jan 1999 11:29:33 -0600

I also teach Middle School. We switched to Art Dabbler this year and it
seems to be quite age appropriate for our population of students.
Younger students could also manage it (5th & 6th graders) I think.

It's my understanding that the name Art Dabbler will soon go by the
wayside and that Painter Classic will be its replacement, with perhaps a
few more features (can you rotate with it? can you layer objects in
front and in back of each other?). Both of these programs are
Metacreation's "junior version" of the professional Painter program--by
far the best, but not suited for middle schoolers. Some high schoolers
use it, but I'd like to know how they manage the learning curve,
especially if they don't use it all the time.

As for Paint Shop Pro... my first question, is why do you need a third
painting program? My second questions, is why do you need one that is
less recognized for its capabilities when you already have Painter
Classic? I cannot speak from experience about it, but it seems you'd be
spending money on a license for less than what you already have.

Can anyone else verify that?

Margaret