Creativity test

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Marilyn Juda Orlandi (marilyn.juda)
Thu, 21 Jan 1999 14:58:32 +0100 (MET)

Several years ago I took a psychology course and we were given a test for
creativity (without knowing what it was at the time). It was very simple.

We were shown an image which was two connecting squares, one next to the
other. You could look at it either vertical or horizontal, and then you
were to write on a piece of paper what it was.

After the test, it turned out that the most creative people wrote several
answers even though it hadn't been specified how many you could write,
whereas the least creative wrote just one and then stopped...usually
something unimaginative like a door or two boxes.

Some of the more creative answers were great. The ones I can remember are:

(When looked at vertically)
1. An elevator that can't decide whether to go up or to go down.
2. A two floor skyscraper.

(When looked at horizontally)
1. a coffin for twins (ugh)
2. eye glasses for someone without a nose
3. the box used by the man in the circus to cut a lady in two

Now you people on ARTSEDNET list are all creative! What answers can you
come up with? Try it with your students and see what they come up with.

Ciao,
marilyn juda-Orlandi
Monte Porzio Catone, Italy