Re: Art/Math

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Christine Merriam (ktwnldy.az.us)
Wed, 20 Jan 1999 11:04:26 +0000

ktwnldy.az.us wrote:

> When push comes to shove, art class has a great strength in the
> educational process. .. I know how much has to be covered, and how difficult it
> is. If I ran
> the zoo, all preservice teachers in all areas would spend a year
> teaching in an elementary classroom. (ducking)

>In answer to your comment above....

ann carolan
(not ducking anything)<<<

Thanks for asking Ann, Carolan... I meant all special areas, even high
school English teachers... and I know that will probably never happen.

You do have a point about the "respect" issue. In our school the
specials (Library, PE, Music, Computer, Second Language did feel that at
one time. We discussed it a lot, and finally talked to the principal.
Somehow, things have improved...maybe it was just getting it off our
chest, and getting a balance of work times and duties.

Christine Merriam
Kayenta Intermediate School