Re: Art/Math

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Ann Carolan (acarolan.us)
Wed, 20 Jan 1999 12:22:10 +0000

ktwnldy.az.us wrote:

> When push comes to shove, art class has a great strength in the
> educational process. .. I know how much has to be covered, and how difficult it
> is. If I ran
> the zoo, all preservice teachers in all areas would spend a year
> teaching in an elementary classroom. (ducking)

In answer to your comment above....

I also taught in regular classrooms. What is a preservice teacher? Do you mean art
teachers? If so, I can tell you our job is just as difficult and in some ways, more
stressfull. Like anything it is give and take. The part that bothers me is how
demeaning most regular teachers are to "special" teachers. There is NO excuse for
treating others disrespectfully.
ann carolan
(not ducking anything)