Re: Right-Brain

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Larry Cox (L_J_Cox)
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 21:15:35 -0700

I will ask my son about the music and get back to you on that one.

COLOR WRITING:

The children who tested right-brained had a special affinity for color.
They often reacted to colors and were visually attracted to bright colors.

Using this concept, have the children write their spelling words,
vocabulary, or multiplication tables in color-shock. This is done by
writing each letter a different color. Make the first letter green,
indicating go, so that the child knows where to start. The other letters
may be any color.

Color writing seemed to help many of the children who had difficulties in
directionality, visual discrimination, and sequential memory.

Lisa had been reversing the letters of her name for two years. After
writing her name in color on everything she did for one week, the reversals
disappeared.

Jimmy was failing all of his spelling tests. He began to practice his
spelling words in color. Now he passes all of his tests and even gets some
100's.

Let me know if this is what you want. I will type up one lesson a night. I
am sorry I don't have an author or a publisher, I photocopied them years ago
about 11-13 years ago probably...Linda in NM