Books written by artists

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Marilyn Juda Orlandi (marilyn.juda)
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 21:30:26 +0100 (MET)

Dear Mark,
Below is a list of some of my favorites. I have had some quite a long time
so I don't know if they are out of print or not.

MY LIFE by Marc Chagall ISBN 07206 0969-0

PAINTERS ON PAINTING selected and edited by Eric Potter

HAWTHORNE ON PAINTING from Students notes collected by Mrs. Charles W. Hawthorne
(this is a delightful Dover book)

SHAPE OF CONTENT by Ben Shahn

A MISCELLANY OF ARTISTS WISDOM compiled by Diana Craig

A book by Maurice Vlaminck which is published in French and
Italian...italian title traslates 'Black Palette', don't know if it has been
translated in English but I would imagine so.

RENOIR MY FATHER by Jean Renoir (not written by the artist himself but by
his son and very interesting.

Hope you can find some of the above.
Ciao,
Marilyn Juda-Orlandi