Coils and Drape Molds

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Marilyn Juda Orlandi (marilyn.juda)
Mon, 18 Jan 1999 21:28:27 +0100 (MET)

Marian,
Try covering your molds with a piece of thin cotton material before draping
over them. The clay won't stick to the mold and the material moves with the
clay when it shrinks so it doesn't crack.

Also coil designs are great INSIDE of molds such as pots, plastic bowls,
frying pans, etc, but always lining with a piece of cotton material for the
same reasons as above.

In fact rolling out your slabs on material can give interesting textures,
try burlap, or corduroy, or a heavy weave. Makes the slab work more
interesting.

Ciao,
Marilyn Juda-orlandi
Monte Porzio Catone, Italy