Re: Right Brain School - Reply

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
carla schiller (charwitt.us)
Sat, 16 Jan 1999 21:42:09 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 13 Jan 1999 CANDRAVATI wrote:
> but if they were given the adequate environment, these
> kids would flourish in unforseen ways.

I would hope that any teacher would be happy to hear about what will help
you son achieve in school, irrespective of his special ed designation.
And in California, at least, students who have special needs, even if they
aren't part of the special ed program, must be accomodated in the
classroom.

BTW, my son is also ADHD, though we didn't know it until last year (he's
15). But he has always marched to a different drummer, and the worst
school yeaqr he ever had was at a private school. I think because they
could pick and choose their students, they felt less pressure to
accomodate kids who weren't middle of the road. He's done better at
public school ever since.

Hope this helps.

--Carla