Re: Drape mold

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
lindacharlie (lindacharlie)
Sun, 17 Jan 1999 00:43:53 -0500

Has anyone ever done Japanese kimonos in clay? I think you cut a slab in
the shape of a kimono that has been split up the sides so that it would
lay flat - the arms would be smaller rectangles sticking out
(perpendicular) from the sides of a very long rectangle which makes up
the front and back (hope that isn't too confusing). The slab is then
hung over something like a horizontal section of 1" dowel and arranged
like a kimono. I can't remember if the sides were sealed or left open.
An artist/teacher I know made them himself and with high school kids and
they were very beautiful.
Linda in Mich - wonderful auto show! think I'll order that car video
now!