Re: ? Drape mold

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
lindacharlie (lindacharlie)
Sat, 16 Jan 1999 16:10:08 -0500

I once saw some vendors at the MAEA? conference using 1" - 3" scrap
pieces of foam with holes cut in the middle for drape molds. the bottom
of the "bowl" or "platter" just rested on the table. I've never tried
this for school because of lack of storage place for the ware to dry,
but it looked really super. Sandra, maybe you have smaller classes and a
place to let the clay dry undisturbed. I was thinking it would be nice
to have a class set of those old fiberglass cafeteria trays so each
student could have one to work on. And how cheap and easy could it be?!
Linda in melting Michigan - going to try the Intern'l Auto Show tonight
- see if we can get through the streets of Detroit.