Re: Paper Sculpture

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Fri, 15 Jan 1999 15:58:47 -0500

This reminds me of a sculpture hat lesson I've done for years and is
in the book-"Doing art Together". It's a pretty neat way of showing
young children how to manipulate their material and to solve
problems.
Lilly I just so happen to have this lesson on computer with a few
alterations from me.
Cya,
Sandra
Hey just got through copying a really good out of print book titled-
"Paper Sculpture", by Mary Grace Johnston I have the third printing
1955 by Davis Press orig. 1952 There isn't an ISBN # on it. I have
to give it back soon but copied it at my husbands work on a high
density copier. The basic exercise is valuable with shadow folds,
basic forms, etc. the second half is sort of "let's sell the book"
and has angels and cherubs. Still the format is in portfolio form
and on hard card stock.

--
john barrick
http://home.fuse.net/astroboy