RE: Tax on Internet access, hoax - funny

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Sears, Ellen (ESears.us)
Fri, 15 Jan 1999 15:25:38 -0500

Unbelievable!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

We received this important and informative message and knew you
needed to know too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope it gets to you in
time............ Tell everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Luv Ya!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

To: You
From: Jossie Merry Beth Hanford SweetiePie
Subject: I just had to warn you fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CC: 3 million unsuspecting "friends" with headers larger than the
message.

I know this guy whose neighbor (a young man) was home recovering
from having been served a rat in his bucket of Kentucky Fried
Chicken. So anyway, one day he went to sleep and when he awoke he was
in his bathtub and it was full of ice and he was sore all over. When
he got out of the tub he realized that HIS KIDNEYS HAD BEEN STOLEN
and he saw a note on his mirror that said "Call 911!" But he was
afraid to use his phone because it was connected to his computer, and
there was a virus on his computer that would destroy his hard drive
if he opened an e-mail entitled "Join the crew!"

He knew it wasn't a hoax because he was a computer programmer who
was working on software to save us from Armageddon when the year 2000
rolls around. His program will prevent a global disaster in which all
the computers get together and distribute the $200 Nieman Marcus
cookie recipe under the leadership of Bill Gates. (It's true - I read
it all last week in a mass e-mail from BILL GATES HIMSELF, who was
also promising me a free Disney World vacation and $5,000 if I would
forward the e-mail to everyone I know.)

The poor man then tried to call 911 from a pay phone to report his
missing kidneys, but reaching into the coin-return slot he got
jabbed with an HIV-infected needle around which was wrapped a note
that said, "Welcome to the world of AIDS." Luckily he was only a few
blocks from the hospital. It was the very same hospital where that
little boy who is dying of cancer we've all heard is being treated.
You know the little boy... the one whose last wish is for everyone in
the world to send him an e-mail and the American Cancer Society has
agreed to pay him a nickel for every e-mail he receives.

Kinda off the subject, I sent him two e-mails and one of them was a
bunch of x's and o's in the shape of an angel (if you get it and
forward it to twenty people you too will have good luck, but if you
forward it to only ten people, you will only have only OK luck, and
if you send it to less than ten people you will have "real" BAD LUCK
FOR SEVEN YEARS).

So anyway the poor guy tried to drive himself to the hospital, but
on the way he noticed another car driving along without his lights
on. To be helpful, he flashed his lights at him and was promptly
shot as part of a gang initiation.

Oh, and another thing, it's a little-known fact that the Y1K problem
caused the Dark Ages. I feel much better for having shared this with
you. Thank you for taking the time. I want you to be safe. You

Jossie Merry Beth Hanford SweetiePie, your 'Net informer.