Re: sculpture

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Dennis Golombek (golombek)
Fri, 15 Jan 1999 09:54:39 -0500

I take the weaving a bit further. After the random strips are oven I take a
thinned out acrylic gloss medium or a thinned out Elmers white glue and brush on
top of the weaving. Into the wet weaving I scrape pastel sticks onto the weaving
letting the colored dust settle onto certain areas of the weaving.

A hint is to place the weaving onto wax paper to dry so that it easily peels off.
You can layer the the coats of medium and make a fairly rigid piece, some of which
that can stand by themselves if enough coats are placed on bent edges. They also
make nice wallhangings and reliefs.

Dennis

--
"Relaxing in a snow bank is cool!"....Dennis Golombek

http://www.localnet.com/~golombek/